Questions to ask when buying a laboratory balance?
• What type of samples will you be weighing and do you need to take into consideration the size of the weighing surface?
• What is the lightest sample you will weigh and what is the heaviest?
• How many decimal places in grams do you require?
• What +/- tolerance is required?
• What service options are available? On-site or off-site? Manufacturer or a third-party company? Are the company’s service technicians are they factory-trained?
• Do you need to interface the balance to another device such as a bar code reader, printer, or computer, etc.?
Questions to ask when buying a centrifuge?
• What is the maximum g-force the centrifuge can generate? What g-force do you need?
• Compare centrifuges with the same speed and capacity. What additional features and benefits does this specific centrifuge offer?
• What are the terms of the warranty and how long does it last?
• If the company discontinues the product, for how many years is it possible to obtain accessories and replacement parts?
• In addition to the purchase price, what is the cost of lab installation, service contracts, supplies, training, warranty etc.?
• How much space will the centrifuge take up? What are the ergonomic features to look for?
Questions to ask when buying Cold storage laboratory equipment?
• What kind of safety measures does the freezer have to protect your samples? (Alarms, monitoring, logging, etc.).
• What failures or errors has the product experienced over the last five years?
• How much space is required between and around freezers? Can the walls of the freezer be positioned against the lab walls or each other, and how much sample capacity are you getting for the actual space?
• Can the freezer be monitored or can you get alarms on your phone?
• How many compartments or shelves does the ULT or other cold storage unit have?
• How long does the freezer take to recover from a two-minute door opening?
Questions to ask when buying a pH meter?
• What makes the company different from other pH meter companies?
• What is the replacement cost for a pH electrode?
• What accessories are included with the meter and what is the complete cost of all the accessories you’ll need?
• What type of connector does the meter use? Is it a BNC or DIN? Is it proprietary or can other manufacturer’s probes be used with it?
• What additional types of features are offered?
• What type of after sales support is offered? Can repairs be done locally and what is the general turnaround time for a repair?
Questions to ask when buying Pipettes?
• What key ergonomic features does the pipette have? How do the ergonomic features compare to other providers’ pipettes?
• What are the accuracy and precision specifications of the pipette and how were they determined?
• What types of services are offered for this product? Preventive maintenance? Calibration? Repair?
• Where was the pipette manufactured?
• Does the company offer programs to help improve the user’s pipetting technique?
• Does the company offer pipettes that can be used for volatile and viscous solutions as well as aqueous solutions?
• Does this pipette come in a range of volumes and, if so, what are the volumes?
• What types of pipettes does the company offer? Multi-channel, electronic, 96-well plate, or automated?
For all queries, comments and orders
Proudly South Africa