Mobirise Site Maker
What can I do to make my lab greener?
Here are some tips on what you can do to minimize your impact on the environment.
• Design your experiments to use the minimum amount of chemicals as possible
• Order chemicals in reusable/returnable containers
• Chemicals should be purchased in the smallest quantities needed
• Use less toxic alternative chemicals, such as less toxic lab stains or solvent substitutes
• Reduce the use and disposal of radioactive materials by using non-radioactive alternatives
• Replace your mercury-containing equipment with non-mercury substitutes
• Store chemicals properly and use secondary containment to contain leaks or spills
• Ensure wastes types are disposed in separate, proper containers
• Keep containers of chemicals closed at all times
• Do not dispose of chemicals down the drain
• Turn off lights when not in use and use natural lighting when possible
• Turn off computers and office equipment at the end of every workday
• Unplug equipment (e.g. vacuum pumps, heating and cooling equipment) when not in use
For all queries, comments and orders
Proudly South Africa
Thanks for filling out form!